Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, February 27, 2010

DI-why? Invitations printed by yours truly!

In an effort to have a spectacular, well deserved honeymoon- we (the hubby and I) have decided to be frugal (that's a nice way of saying: *shhh...no one will notice we got this from the 99 cents store). At work today, one of my managers told me that a glorious establishment called Jack's 99 Cent store had a wedding section. I got off early and decided to check it out. Within minutes of stepping into the one aisle they had, I was sending the hubster pics from my cell phone of this:


Photobucket


Photobucket


Bestill my heart.
With these prices, I'm jumping on the do it all myself bandwagon. I mean, I think invitations are one of the most torturous purchases of a wedding. You want it to be beautiful, letter pressed, and made of paper you've never heard of. And at the average attendance of 100 people, are you telling me that I have to pay 500 dollars for something that maybe only my mother will keep? Um, yeah- no. After seeing how cheap it can be, I am all for buying myself an ink cartridge and calling it a day.

I really like BRIDES magazine, and the craft store Micheal's carrys a DIY the magazine has created. I really like the sets, and although I know they won't be like Jack's at 6.99 a pop, I'm hoping it will still be worth doing. After I pick up the dress tomorrow, I'm going to take a trip over to the big M and see it it makes my wallet cry. Here's the one I'm hoping they'll have:


Photobucket


All of the other colors sets they have don't really go with ours. It's going to be either red & gold or red & black. Not sure what direction we'll be going in, but I figure the basic white will be perfect.

My dress is coming home tomorrow and I still don't know how I'm going to store it. Barnacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment