Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, June 8, 2009

Gettin' Lucky In Kentucky


Kentucky. Well, I don't know much about it. I know that they're famous for horses and fried chicken. And that's about it. I'm going to Kentucky (..going to the fair...lol) to visit my biological grandmother. I say biological because I have an abuelita here in NY who is the one that raised my mom and bought me presents every Christmas, among other grandmotherly things: like leaving lipstick marks and my cheeks and saying I love you a hundred times. I've been to Kentucky once before, when I was a kid, like 10 or 11...can't be sure...but, I generally liked it. I remembered it being like that small town stuff you see in movies. But now, well....its definitely going to be a culture shock. I looked up the demographic of the town I'm going to, and its 92% Caucasian!! That is a huge difference from any neighborhood I know of in NYC. Plus, Kentucky is in the "bible belt" meaning.....church. I love Jesus and all, but I'm not big on being big about it. Did that make sense? I mean, the theme park we're going to has a church in it! Can you imagine Six Flags with a church? lol Despite it being totally weird, I love it, and I can't wait for the experience. We're going to Dollywood and I just found out I like her music. Never heard it before I decided to research her. We're also going to do roller skating to Christian music. Never thought I'd see that combination. But, all in all, I think that Kentucky is going to be great. And I'm soooo excited. Especially since my grandmother said we could wear slacks in church!! Oh joy! If there's Internet, I will definitely document each day I'm there, because I'm sure I will have alot to say :P I'm also contemplating bringing a video camera and attempting to make a lil documentary. I think it'd be fun, but may take away from having fun with the family. Dunno what I want to do yet. This is also going to be the first time my 2 year old sister is going to be on an airplane. This trip already promises to be more than interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment