Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Summer, a new beginning.

So, I promise you weary eyed readers that I will no longer take after Rainbow Brite and multicolor my postings. I just realized how dumb it looks. January to May. Much, much has happened. My film shoots in class went marvelously. We all worked hard and the outcome totally shows that. When I get $200 to digitize my 16mm short, I will most def provide a link here to it on youtube. Or perhaps I can just put it here. I'm still learning all the tricks of this bloggy thing. Like my new background, you like?? Well, I do. I tried to go for something more girly, but who am I kidding, film is in my blood. So our shoots went great and I got good grades. I'm graduating college next May!! Or should I say, may (no pun intended) graduate. As long as I keep up my grades, I'll be just fine. Recently I was an extra in two films!! One being The Sorcerer's Apprentice and the other a mystery film titled, "Untitled Nancy Meyers Project". Sorcerer's Apprentice was loads of fun, except it was a lil chilly. I wasn't a paid extra. They asked my bf (who was the paid extra) to bring a dog, so he brought our dog Mimzy. As we found out later, she was basically not even needed. However, I tagged along to resuce my Mimzy poo in the case that she became grouchy. So, I basically "snuck" onset, saying that I was the doggy's mommy. Wasn't too hard tho cause they remembered me from holding :P So, on set there was pretty cool and pretty darn pretty. It was a Chinatown parade scene, and let me tell you, Disney goes all out. Here are some pics from that night:



Confetti was being dropped from the buildings. It was just beautiful. I can't wait to see the movie. We were arms length away from Nicholas Cage a few times and it was supercool to see him with his son and wife between takes.
And then theres the Nancy Meyers film which I WAS hired as an extra. Still waiting for that check tho......anywayz, it was alot of fun too. They shot at St. John's University, the day after St. John's graduation- borrowing the huge stage and thousands of chairs. This was way more fun that my previous extra gig cause I was casted as a graduating student, and didnt know that till I got there! Not on any part of mine, they just never told me. So I got a costume AND hair and makeup done!!!! It felt so cool. I've been in a real makeup artist's chair only a handful of times, so each time I try to savor it. XD Shooting went fine until my feet felt like they were going to snap in half. See, I was under the impression that I was a "guest" at the "graduation". So I wore my 4 inch heels and "come hither" dress, hoping to be placed in the front. So basically, neither were needed as a big red gown was covering my dress, and we were walking back and forth, up and down the aisle. So basically, my feet were in excrutiating pain. But thank God I'm always prepared. I couldn't wait to get to lunch and change into my nice comfy flats that I so wisely brought along. The food was AWESOME!! I had steak for lunch! One thing I love about being an extra is that they feed you well!! Being an extra is totally my gig, that is until of course I "make it". It was also really cool to see Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and Hunter Parrish. Here's me in my gown (and 4 inch heels):

Yuck. I look like such a nerddd. Anywayz, a most eventful few months.

I'm going away to Kentucky for a week in July, and boy o boy. That itself is something to blog about 2morrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment