Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Philadelphia! The city of our founding fathers and no nightlife!

Aloha!

So I thought I'd share some of my Philly photos with you and for those of you who have seen them already, I'm going to share something unknown about each photo. First, I'll explain why I was in Philly,
cause it's not exactly the ideal vacation destination in the winter.

My bf Kane goes to this college theater festival called ACTF. A year ago I would have been thrilled, but I've lost my faith in theater (as an actress) which I'll also talk about another day, so as of now, I'm sticking to film. Anyway, so I agreed to go to this thing where you do workshops, see shows, and basically network. Our first day there, we had so much fun sightseeing, we decided to nix the workshops and just pay to go see shows. We ended up seeing one show, and exploring Philadelphia for the whole trip, which was FUN!! We did an abandoned prison tour, comic book shopping, record hunting, vintage clothes thrifting, and saw where Betsy Ross did her thing, among other stuff.






C-R-E-E-P-Y......and I LOVED it!!! This tour was sooooo my thing. I love old buildings and abandonded ones are a ++! I learned alot about Eastern State Penetentiray which was super cool. If you're into this stuff, google this place. We were allowed to walk to the second level which is where I took this pic. Earlier in the tour, we were even allowed to go in some of the cells! You can't tell from this pic, but it was FFRREEEZZIINNNGG!!! Me and Kane's hands were purple after the tour! We were so busy taking tons of pictures, I don't think we realized our hands were taking the toll. But they gave us hot choclate halfway through, so that def hepled. I know what you're wondering, did I see any ghosts?.......Yes! I saw a picture of a "ghost" that was supposedly "captured" on film there, but uh,... no. Not in person.


My face is smiling, but my butt is screaming I'm cold!! Either my jeans were too thin or that stone was that cold, but it stung! That's homegurrrl Betsy's house in the back.

We had to take this picture 4 times, meaning he made that face four times. And my camera is slow. So there's Kane, a few feet from the Liberty Bell, pretending to steal it's money. Plus whatever other tourists were watching us.


This was super random. We were walking back to the hotel when we saw this closed up store with "You Are Beautiful" on the window. There was no indication what kind of store it used to be, but we do know that they accepted credit cards. Note the bag of comics in my hand.


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE bowling!! I had so much fun nearly beating Nando. Sadly, this bowling alley was cool but service sucked. Their hours said they were to close at 12am, but because it was "slow", they were going to close early. Say what???? They let us play one game of pool and bowling, but we couldn't order food and only got to order one round of drinks. Boo. Anywho, this picture captured my first strike of the game! Note my perfect form.


Smelliest sandwich EVER! It was a roast beef concoction that Kane ordered. As he put it, which is completely accurate, it smelled like farts in a jar. So on the money. I was not feeling good when we sat down to eat at the Reading Terminal Market, and this did not help.


ALL in all, it was an unlikely, great trip. I will admit I had my doubts that Philly would have been fun at all. I planned to look forward to the mall and that was going to be it. Despite the frigid weather, I had a blast exploring the city of no night life with Kane.

But, it would have been awesome if I saw Garfield and Sherry from Parking Wars! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment